Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

02 January 2007

Happy New Year!


I hope you all had a very happy New Year! May 2007 be the best year ever!

I spent the long weekend with a friend up north. The picture is of me in a sweet little town called Lincoln. There are loads of cute little shops, most of them filled with Belgian chocolates. Excellent taste, these British.

For those of you not up to date, I just wanted to let you know of Big Changes that have taken place in my life over the past couple of months.

Without going into a lot of detail, Marco has decided he no longer wishes to be married. So, by the end of February, we will have moved our separate ways. I, however, have decided to stay here in England. I absolutely love it here and it truly feels like home.

I have made several wonderful friends and am becoming more and more involved in the community. This Christmas I had the fantastic opportunity to volunteer with the Basket Brigade... a charity that puts together baskets of food and delivers them to needy families throughout London. It was such a wonderful opportunity and really made me appreciate what I have!

I spent Christmas with some lovely friends from South Africa. We had a nice meal of chicken, ham, veggies, roasted potatoes, and rice. Then we hung out and watched movies, played games, and talked until all hours.

As I mentioned, New Year was spent up north. It was fantastic seeing a different part of the country. Though it was horribly cold and windy!

I am so looking forward to an amazing year! I will keep you all posted on my adventures. Look for a trip to Ireland this spring and a trip to France early summer!

I love you all! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home