Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

01 December 2006

Internet Woes

Howdy, all!

Sorry I haven't written in an age, but I still do not have reliable internet at home. Granted I'm writting this at work, but I'm really not supposed to! And the stupid libraries block blog pages! How dumb is that!

Actually, I'm really enjoying this country, there are just a few challenges to deal with. The sidewalks roll up about 6pm. You have to give DNA samples, hand over your first born, and swear on a stack of Bibles before they'll give you a bank account. Doctor offices are not open on weekends or evenings, but you have to be registered with a doctor in order to get on the National Healthcare system and get free healthcare. Of course, in order to get registered, you have to have an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner. And of course, if you work.... But all in all, I really like it here. I feel very much at home and am making friends, getting involved, and enjoying life.

If I get a chance, I'll write more later on. Keep checking the blog for updates, but they may be rather sparse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home