Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

30 June 2006

And They're Off!



FINALLY! After much agonizing, panic, and ridiculous amounts of money, my application for a Settlement Visa for the UK is in the mail! Or more accurately, in FedEx Express Overnight's hot little hands. Guaranteed to arrive by 10:30am tomorrow!

According to the lovely voice on the British Consulate General's 900 number (only $2.10 per minute), it is currently taking a minium of 10 working days. I figure if you don't count Friday (after all, they never count the day it arrives) or next Tuesday (it's a holiday, after all), we're looking at about the 17th or 18th at the earliest for notification the Visa's been approved. The Visa will arrive 3 days after it has been approved. At that point I can buy my plane ticket. YAY!!!!!!

So, cross your fingers, toes, elbows and as many other joints as possible. Pray hard that everything goes smoothly and quickly!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Pam, just want to point out, next Tuesday isn't a holiday for them. Just us crazy Americans =). Either way, all available joints are crossed for you. Let us know as soon as you hear back.

Michelle

6:19 AM  
Blogger SheaLuna said...

Hey, Michelle!

Yeah, I know they don't exactly celebrate the 4th (hehehe!), but I figured since this was the Consulate in LA, they might be closed. So, for the sake of not driving myself nuts, I discounted that day. :)

Pam

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home