Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

10 October 2010

Of Weddings and Babies

Friday night was Rehearsal Night. Honestly, I've never understood the need to rehearse a wedding, because Somebody (Like my brother, Dan. But that's another story.) always has to throw a monkey wrench into the proceedings no matter how carefully practised the event is. But if it involves hanging out, goofing off and eating stuff, then I'm all in. Plus it's an excellent opportunity to exercise the Meliza "Charm" for Stephen's future in-laws.

Poor future in-laws.


Nathan was highly enthusiastic about the proceedings. Personally I think he was in it for the pizza and cookies.


I met my niece, Sarah, for the first time. Cute as a bug's ear and I tried to get her to let me hold her, but she wasn't having any of it.


Anna, however, has inherited the Robert's camera posing gene and was more than willing to ham it up for the camera. Getting her to smile in a non-goofy manner is another matter entirely.

I also met my nephew Jake for the first time. He was much more into the whole cuddling business.

Of course, the truly important thing about rehearsals is the Rehearsal Dinner. This particular Rehearsal Dinner involved pizza from Round Table Pizza because that is where Stephen proposed. Or where they ate AFTER he proposed. Or something like that. I'm a little fuzzy on the details. But I'm pretty sure it was AFTER.

It also involved the most amazing chocolate oatmeal cookies which were Christine's Secret Weapon in snagging Stephen's attention. They were darn tasty. And if they're that effective, I think I may need the recipe. Ahhh, Christine???


As usual, the Giant Mouse, otherwise known as Dad, is pretending innocence. However, if you look closely at his hand, he is clutching the remains of one of the aforementioned cookies.


And here is the Happy Couple. Ain't they just cute as anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home