Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

27 September 2010

Of Portland and Maynard Five Star B & B


So it was back to the shores of civilization at last. And a proper shower. And a real bed. And even a chocolate on my pillow.

Ah ha! Watch out, Ellen's B & B! The Maynard Five Star is trying to outgun you!

It was lovely to spend time with my Aunties and Uncles and my darling cousin, Reann. We had a most delightful BBQ involving hoison chicken and delicious grilled courgettes. Er, I mean, zucchini.

Returning to Portland also gave me the chance to check out old haunts and new. One of the new things I discovered was Portland's obsession with food carts. Believe me, I can understand why. Yakisoba? Yes please!
Also tasted were Stumptown coffee and chocolate from Cacao. My foodie heart runneth over.

I'd like to say it was restful, but it very definitely wasn't, despite Auntie's cosy bed. All the running about had me practically comatose. And the best was yet to come...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home