Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

20 September 2010

On Elegance and Charity


And so the day dawned at long last when this lone traveller would wend her way over hill and dale and ocean vast toward home.

Or something.

The flight between London and Houston actually paced quite quickly. God bless Direct TV. And those little telly screens on the backs of everyone's chairs. Three movies and a couple TV shows later I'd landed at the Houston airport amidst cheers and fanfare and ticker tape.

Not really.
I arrived to the WORLD'S LONGEST LINE EVER at immigration. Fortunately when you're (semi) short and cute and innocent looking and have an American passport, they tend to let you into the country fairly easily. Even in Texas.

The flight from Houston to Portland was less comfortable and seemed to pass at a snail's pace. Though we did have the excitement of bagel dogs and vanilla ice cream to break our boredom. Not together. That would have been gross.

As I trooped through the terminal toward freedom, I saw three familiar faces beaming at me from across the way. The Del Melizas had stormed the castle to rescue the fair maiden. Sir David was most kind as to treat his poor, weary cousin to a delicious Red Robin burger (Blue Cheese! Yum!) before we headed to the Sheer Elegance that is Ellen's B & B.

The excitement continued with the World's Biggest Breakfast followed by Le Grande Toure of Charity Shoppes (aka thrift stores). I managed to find a great jacket for camping, as well as a flat iron usable in US electrical outlets. Score!

I tell you, no stay at Ellen's B & B is complete without Le Grande Toure. Trust me.

In other exciting news, I had my very first Voodoo Donut. Delish. My favorite was the Blueberry. Scrummy!


So, well watered and fed, I braced myself for the further adventures of...
MFC!!!!!!!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lili said...

I can hardly wait!!! This outta be good!

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Lyn said...

Goodness me you must have had a fab time it looks like you had lots of fun and saw loads of interesting things. I am surprised you hadn't walked your little feet right off

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home