Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

25 September 2010

On Old Friends and Mexican Train


Of course camping gave me the opportunity to catch up with old friends who have left the Shires of Portlandia for the calm, slightly chilly waters of Seaside. Please note that these friends aren't "old" either. Slightly matured, perhaps, but most definitely not "old".

I spent four years working for Dr. Seth Goldstein at Dragonheart Family Healthcare and became great friends with the Doctor and his wife, Margaret Hammit-McDonald (Now a Doctor, herself.). It was great catching up with them while taking a stroll along the beach. Bonnie and the Doctors got along like a house afire.

It was a wonderfully sunshiny day, something we don't get a lot of in good old London Town. Nehalem Bay looked especially beautiful.


After doing important things like buying Elk Droppings and cantaloupe, we headed back to camp for the evening meal. Lili and Bonnie went all posh with steaks (Where did they think they were? The Ritz? HA!), while Mom, Dad and I contented ourselves with cheeseburgers. Call me low-class, but I'll take a really good cheeseburger over a steak just about any day of the week.



While camping I was also introduced to the most enjoyable off pursuits: Mexican Train. Now, I don't know how much Calvin Ball is involved in the Meliza version of the game, but it's a hoot anyway. I may have to start searching eBay for domino sets.

We had finally reached the last night of MFC. Hurrah for no more camping, but wouldn't have minded more time with the family. I offered Paris as the next venue, but I was thoroughly ignored.

How rude.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home