Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

03 September 2007

Stonehenge

First off I want to say congratulations to my cousin Josie on her new baby girl, Dakota! And to my friend, Heidi, on her new baby girl Elisabeth! Welcome to our world, chicas!


Secondly, YES, I will eventually get to the visit from Jim and Becky and our fabulous London adventures, but I have to get the photos developed first. Around the same time I will be post pics of the new pad. So, hold your horses folks! It's all coming!


But before that, my latest adventure was a visit to STONEHENGE!!!!! Absolutely amazing!
Now apparently, American tourists have voted Stonehenge as the most disappointing site in England. Well, I don't know what they were smoking, but I found it fantastic. The only downer was that you can't actually walk among the stones anymore due to naughty people carving graffiti into them, but you can get really close.
There is such a peacefulness about the site. Well, other than the roving tourists. But sit back on the grass, tune out the masses, and one can almost imagine what it was like 2000 some odd years ago. Disappointing? Not in my book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Have to say I'm quite jealous. Someday I'll make it over there and get to stare at those stones myself. Until then I'll just have to drool over your picture. If you have more, email them to me?

Hope you're doing well!

Love ya,
Michelle

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home