Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

19 July 2007

Adventures in York, Chapter 7: And Finally To Tea!


We finally arrive at Betty's Tearoom which is very modern and posh and famous for its breads and pastries. In the corner a pianist tickles the ivories, sending melodies wafting through the room. From Bach to the Beachboys, he can play it all. He even plays the ABC song for a little girl at the table next to him.

I order a cream tea whilst Jimbo orders a more manly chicken sandwich. By this time we are both ravenous and very much looking forward to our tea.

I was unfortunately a bit disappointed. For a place famous for it's breads and pastries, the
scones were a bit dry and rather ordinary. They'd run out of clotted cream and served me butter instead. SHOCKING! Jim said his sandwich was fine, but I didn't believe him. Then again, I'm not a fan of white bread. In any case, I think we were both starving to death so we weren't too picky.

We made it back to the car without getting a parking ticket and headed back toward home. Strangely enough, the drive back took just an hour. Hmmmm.... I'm not saying Jimbo got lost on the way there or anything. Oh, no. Not at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home