Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

04 February 2009

The Meliza Girls Do The Cotswolds: Salisbury



Ok, so I've fallen a bit behind in blogging about our marvelous adventures which happened...well, nearly five months ago. I apologize. I tend to get a little side tracked.

So, there we were, hitting the hay in Blandford Forum. I slept reasonably well, however Lili woke us up at stupid-o'clock for more adventuring. I find I don't care for adventuring at silly hours of the morning. All right, there are circumstances under which I do enjoy adventuring at silly hours of the morning, but we won't go there. Seriously.

At any rate, after tossing back a cup of instant coffee and a banana, we headed out into the wilds of the English countryside. We were off to Salisbury, which turned out to be quite a cute little town, but we weren't there to browse. We had a mission! First stop: Salisbury Cathedral.

Well, technically it was supposed to be first stop breakfast. Now here's where I confess my sins. You see, we were driving along the road and I swear I saw a sign in front of a pub advertising breakfast with a view of the cathedral. So, we parked the car and wandered back to where I'd seen the sign. Only it wasn't there. In fact, there didn't seem to be a single place in the entire town that sold breakfast, except for some fancy hotel that wanted to charge over £20 for toast. So, we ended up at a local Gregg's. There is nothing that I know of in the US that is anything like Gregg's, but suffice it to say it's cheap, if not exactly healthy

With our blood sugar levels back to something resembling normal, we finally made our way to the Cathedral, which was appropriately full of Really Old Stuff.
My personal favorite part of the Cathedral was the courtyard. It was so peaceful, I itched to wander in and spend some time in contemplation, but it was not to be. We must charge on to the next port of call!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home