Once Upon A Time In London

This is the tale of the adventures of a native Oregonian in London.

03 January 2008

Becky and Jim Go To London: Day Three

Becky and Jim's third and final day in London dawned bright and sunny and surprisingly fairly warm. Unfortunately, I awoke a zombie.

Yes, indeed. Apparently I am vilely allergic to something that blooms in Hyde Park during July. It was, quite frankly, the worst allergy attack I've ever head. I was determined to enjoy the day anyway, and so I gulped an allergy tablet and headed into London.

Our first stop was a nearby shop to buy a month's supply of Kleenex (which I went through in a day) after which we had a nice meal at a little shop, um, somewhere. You see, things are a little fuzzy.

I very much remember visiting the Churchill Museum which was quite interesting. It traced Churchill's life from birth to death, highlighting his political career and World War II. I know Jim thoroughly enjoyed it. It was intersting but honestly I could barely focus my eyes and I was so miserable it's a bit of a blurr.

So I made the excutive decision to go home to bed. I was quite sad to leave them, though they travelled with me part way on the tube so they could go and see St. Paul's. I admit, I bawled like a baby once they were out of sight. Hopefully the other riders of the tube thought it was my allergies. Then again, in London, pretty much anything goes, so probably no one noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home